Folowup of Oral statement at city coucil 8/27/14

August 27, 2014 


My involvement in city affairs, beginning with my joining the Traffic commission only to find out it had been expanded in number and in concept, to cover emergencies and police use of forcce is something for my own reasons I took very seriously.  This involved me in the city council, as my second meeting of the Commission was a dramatic showdown contesting the authority of the City Manager over stalling the evaluation of restructuring our Fire Fighting- EMS functions, a life and death issue that had been avoided for fifteen years- and still appears to be in this state of limbo.

Here's the background of this video (advance to 3:20) of a presentation at our city council

When someone like myself who values his understanding of details and is careful to be precise when discussing issues, is accused of saying something false in a public setting such as city hall, I'm deeply offended, and can't help getting angry at those who perpetrated this.  When the wagons that have circled in defending the distortion of the contracts with the Pacific View legal bond counsel include all of city hall, and the law firm itself,  discretion would dictate that I simply back away.

Nevertheless,  I'll provide this paper "The Meaning of Contingent in a Public Contract" that presents my events including the links to documens,and city council dialogue that include the actual contract whose nature is being contested,  Each person should check the references provided, and should read it to evaluate what it means, as the larger issue at stake here is that contracts should be understandable by those literate citizens who are bound by them.

While the above article relates to a rather clear case of a false description of a city contract, the following article is on Peak Democracy, that's also known as "Open Town Hall" and "E-Town Hall.  The title displays my own personal point of view that I'm sharing with this audience: Peak Democracy Company, a virus for democracy.  Whatever happens about my continued involvement with city government, I will continue to push to expose the danger of this company's products no matter what my official involvement in the city's government.







No comments:

Post a Comment

If word verification is not clear email comment to alvrdb-10@yahoo.com